Light up the grill and cook your food to perfection with a gas grill. More and more consumers are switching to gas grills because of so many reasons. For one, using gas is cleaner and more efficient. There’s no need to wait for your coals to burn; with gas grills, you can cook right away and enjoy your food ASAP. Whether you’re looking for your first gas grill or you are shopping for a replacement, we have the best gas grills under $500 for you.
Though our listed 13 gas grills are incomparable with one another in terms of functionality and quality for giving assistance to the customers we have recommended the two best gas grills. Weber 45010001 Propane Grill and Char-Broil 463376018P2 Propane Gas Grill are best. So, let’s make a comparison between them to look over which is genuinely best.
|Weber 45010001 Propane Grill||Char-Broil 463376018P2 Propane Grill|
|Weber 45010001 Propane Grill comes with porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates which are perfect for exquisite food like fish and shrimp. It creates a sear mark for maximizing the flavor of the food.||Char-Broil 463376018P2 Propane Gas Grill has appeared with a 10,000-BTU lidded side burner that is perfect for preparing sauces. It has a led fold that protects your burner.|
|This propane grill has a warming rack that retains the temperature and keeps the food warm for a long time. Being open-cart designed it offers you additional room.||Unlike other propane gas grills, this has an electronic ignition system for fast and reliable startups with a push-up button. Most the gas grills receives a long time to make fast grilling.|
|This Weber propane grill has an easy-to-read fuel gauge that is lying next to the gas tank. It assumes you to see how much fuel is in your tank. It offers you 4 color options.||This Char-Broil propane gas grill is manufactured with a lid-mounted temperature gauge that has two metal side shelves which enhances longevity.|
|Weber 45010001 Propane Grill has a wide range of cooking spaces. It has 424 primary cooking spaces that accommodate you to cook for 8-10 members.||Char-Broil 463376018P2 Propane Gas Grill has 475 square inches of cooking space which a surface is rust-resistant porcelain-coated cast-iron grates. It supports you to make up to 20 burgers.|
|This impressive propane grill has a stainless steel heat deflector for keeping the right temperature of food. Very few grills have heat deflector functions.||This propane gas grill has 4 stainless steel burners that provide long-lasting performance. For controlling temperature it provides you with stainless steel burners and heat tents.|
- 13 Best Gas Grills Under $500 Reviewed by GrillSay
- 1. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
- 2. Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cart Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 3. Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 4. Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 5. Weber 57060001 Q3200 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 6. Char-Broil Performance 650 6-Burner Cabinet Propane Gas Grill
- 7. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 8. Smoke Hollow 205 Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
- 9. Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Propane Gas and Charcoal Grill
- 10. Dyna-Glo Premium 4 Burner Cabin Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 11. Weber 65010001 Genesis II E-210 Natural Gas Grill
- 12. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 13. Royal Gourmet GG3201S Cabinet Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
- How to consider the best gas grills under $500?
- How portable is your grill?
- Final Verdict
13 Best Gas Grills Under $500 Reviewed by GrillSay
Here are the overview of 13 Best Gas Grills Under $500
1. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
The Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP –D belongs to their Smart Space Living line. This is a gas grill with 36,000 BTU and a total of 507 square inches of cooking space. It comes with an easy-to-use push-button electronic ignition feature which ignites its 3 burners quickly in just one click. It has heavy-gauge porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates for unparalleled heat retention and for that instant sear that locks in flavor fast.
It has straight burners with steel heat tents plus infinite-control valves for that enhanced grilling experience. The exterior looks clean and sleek plus the heavy stainless steel lid covers the burners well to prevent temperature changes as you cook your food. It has large side shelves, one on each side, and below is a large cabinet where you can store a gas tank and other cooking supplies.
- Easy to use push-button electronic ignition
- Large control knobs for easy adjustment
- Cast-iron cooking grates and overall steel construction for a longer life span
- With a double-wall stainless-steel lid to retain heat better
- Large shelves and a cabinet
- With caster wheels to easily move it anywhere
- With towel bar and hooks to hang tools
The Dyna-Glo Smart Living 3-Burner Gas Grill is a grill for a small family or a small group of guests. This comes with updated features like electronic ignition, efficient burner system, and large storage and food prep space. There may be some flaws but we can guarantee that this gas grill will never disappoint.
2. Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cart Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Performance 475 is a large liquid propane gas grill with 4 burners, total 36,000 BTU and 475-square inch main cooking area and 175 square inches secondary swing-away rack. The grill comes with a porcelain-coated finish with stainless steel holders for improved durability.
It comes with a removable grease tray for safe use and easy cleanup. It comes with large side shelves and a cart with space for the LPG tank. The large wheels will allow you to move this over grass or dirt.
- 4 large burners with powerful 36,000 BTU
- With a large cooking space
- Easy to clean porcelain grates
- With a clean and sleek finish
- Easy to clean with removable grease pan
- With an electronic ignition system for reliable start-ups
- Large casters, plenty of storage and food prep space, easy to take anywhere
The Char-Broil Performance 475 is a 4-burner gas grill on a large cart. It has a large cooking space, food prep area and storage area in the grill cart. The ignition is electronic so it’s reliable and easy to use. It is for a large family and for a large group of people; it may be the right-sized gas grill for you.
3. Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Get ready to serve delicious Korean grilled meat and vegetable dishes using this portable tabletop grill. The Weber 54060001 is a liquid propane portable grill that fits any tabletop. It has a total cooking area of 280 inches but enough to cook dinner for two. It has a durable stainless steel burner with 12,000 BTU input on the main burner. Enjoy cooking strips of pork, small cuts of fish and slices of poultry in this convenient propane gas grill.
It comes with two folding tables, one on each side with this design, you’ll have a primary cooking area of 54 x 39 cm and a warming area rack of 34 x 10 cm. Close the lid and you can cook while locking in flavors of food and keeping the cooking temperature in. Because of its size, it is easy to clean, easy to fold away and take anywhere you want to cook.
- With ample cooking space for two people
- Portable, may be taken to the camp, to the beach, on a fishing trip or on an RV road trip
- Powerful main burner and efficient warming rack
- With two large folding tables
- Easy to clean and fold away
- Lid closed, temperature and flavors are locked in
- Fits on top of table or kitchen counter top
The Weber 54060001 Q2200 is a liquid propane grill that’s easy to use, portable and efficient. It may have a very limited cooking space and can only serve two people, but it serves its purpose as a portable grill. It can be taken anywhere with cleanup and maintenance easy as cake. This may be the gas grill for you if you need a portable grill.
4. Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
Compared to the Weber portable liquid propane gas grill, the 45010001 Spirit II is a gas grill that gives you more space, more ways to cook food and more space to prep food as well.
This is a portable gas grill that can be rolled away to wherever you want to cook in your backyard or patio. It is one of the most updated Weber gas grills with the Gs4 grilling feature. It has enhanced infinity ignition, porcelain-coated flavorizer grates, and a grease management system for easy cleaning.
The Weber Spirit II gives you 529 square inches of space to cook over three burners. You can cook three large chickens, a dozen hamburger patties or sausages or five racks of ribs on this large cooking area. The lid efficiently covers the burners to retain temperature and flavors. It has an open-cart design with a storage area at the bottom, tool hooks and large wheels for easy movement over grass or dirt.
- With enhanced Gs4 grilling system
- With improved ignition
- With grease management system for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Cast iron grates retain heat better and seal flavors of grilled food
- With side tables and bottom shelf
- Open-cart design with large wheels
- Made from durable materials
The Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-320 is a propane gas grill with three efficient burners and larger cooking space. It has updated features which makes ignition faster and the grates retain heat better. It is a grill on a cart which can be rolled anywhere you wish to cook outdoors. It can serve a large family or a large group of people on a weekend. This may be the grill you’re looking for.
5. Weber 57060001 Q3200 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Portable, easy to clean, ready to take anywhere. These are the words best to describe the Weber 57060001 Liquid Propane Grill. It is similar to the previous Weber portable propane grill on our list but the differences are very obvious.
This grill comes with two stainless-steel burners giving you 393 square inches of cooking space. It has an electronic ignition system so you can guarantee better and quicker start-ups compared to a regular propane gas grill.
This stands taller because it comes with a small cart. You can roll this anywhere outdoors and it will move even on grass or dirt because of its large wheels. And because of its size, this grill is easy to store and keep anywhere plus it’s easier to clean. It is a good grill to use for camping, fishing, hiking, at the beach or for your road trip in your RV.
- Ample cooking space for a few people
- Portable design, ideal for camping, fishing and road trips
- With electronic ignition
- With two large burners
- Easy to clean because of the size
- Folds away when not in use
- Comes with a convenient cart to take it anywhere you want to cook
The Weber 57060001 is a portable grill that has its own cart with large wheels. It has a durable design with stainless steel burners with ample cooking area for a small group of people. It is easy to clean and keep when not in use and thus it saves space. It may be the gas grill for you if you are looking for a portable, lightweight and easy to carry around the gas grill.
6. Char-Broil Performance 650 6-Burner Cabinet Propane Gas Grill
If you are looking for a commercial-grade gas grill then you must be searching for the Char-Broil Performance 650. This is a huge gas grill fit for a large party or for commercial restaurant use. It has six large burners with a total of 60,000 BTU plus a bonus 10,000 side burner. You can cook almost anything over its 650 square inches cooking space and enjoy preparing meals over its swing-away rack.
The burners are efficient with large cast-iron grates with a stainless steel lid and handle to prevent flavors and temperature from escaping the grill. It has a seamless electronic ignition system so you can start the burners without any worry.
And when it comes to cleaning your grill, you may do so without any hassles because it comes with a large removable grease pan. The large cabinet is where you can store your gas tank and even a spare one. There’s more space for your supplies and all other tools you need. It has large lockable caster wheels for easy transport.
- With a large cabinet for storing food, supplies, tools, and the LPG tank
- Porcelain-coated grates for easy heat and flavor retention
- Made from durable materials
- With six burners and an extra side burner, with large cooking space
- Easy to transport anywhere with efficient caster wheels with locks
- Easy to clean with a removable grease pan
The Char-Broil Performance 650 is a grill with a large cooking capacity a durable body and updated features. It is a commercial-type, professional grill but despite this, it has features to make cooking easier and cleanup faster. It has large storage space for anything and food prep space as well. It could be the gas grill you’re looking for if you are operating a dining establishment or you just want to impress your guests on your next outdoor party.
7. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Signature is a no-nonsense 2-burner cabinet-style LPG grill with a large cooking space at 325 square inches. You also get a swing-away rack to warm your food after you’re done the grilling. It has two stainless steel burners for improved performance and enhanced temperature controls. These are top-ported tubes for improved grilling for any kind of food.
You can start this grill rain or shine with its quick ignition system. The two shelves are foldable so you can store this gas grill easily. It is convertible to natural gas using a conversion kit but this is sold separately. The bottom cabinet is large enough to keep your LPG tank and other supplies you need to cook on the go. The large caster wheels keep this outdoor grill steady as well as a mobile over any terrain.
- Large primary cooking space and food prep space
- With convenient shelves that can be folded away when not in use
- With large cabinet to store the tank and other cooking tools and supplies
- Large and efficient burners for improved performance
- Can be converted to natural gas using a gas conversion kit
- Sleek and professional look
The Char-Broil Signature gas grill is a large, portable grill which may be transported anywhere you want to grill and cook plus has a large cooking area and food prep area. Large burners, electronic ignition and large storage area on the cart help keep your supplies and LPG tank hidden and portable. This is your gas grill if you need to cook for a large group of people at home.
8. Smoke Hollow 205 Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
The Smoke Hollow 205 is a portable tabletop stainless steel gas grill. It looks like a suitcase and even folds away and transported like one. It has 205 square inches of primary cooking space and 105 square inches warming rack. The grill basically opens completely to grill and cook more food for a small family.
It comes with a 10,000 BTU stainless-steel U-shaped burner which is supplied by a 16-ounce disposable propane cylinder. The stainless-steel body makes this grill durable and easy to clean. It even has a drip tray so cleaning is easier and faster. Fold it when not in use and set it up fast. It can be used for camping, RV use, at the beach or while fishing.
- Ample cooking space for a small family
- With chrome-plated racks
- Stainless steel U-shaped burner
- Uses disposable propane cylinders
- Folds away in small compact size when not in use
- Easy to clean with a drip tray
The Smoke Hollow 205 is a stainless steel tabletop propane gas grill that you can take anywhere. It has ample cooking space for a small family plus it is easy to use and maintain. It folds away quickly after use plus can be set up anywhere. It is a grill for a small family for a day at the beach, camping, road trips and more.
9. Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Propane Gas and Charcoal Grill
If you love cooking with charcoal but can’t part with it as you convert to gas then the Char-Broil Gas2Coal hybrid grill is for you. With this grill, you can quickly convert from gas to coal and coal to gas without needing any conversion kits or tools. You can cook over a large 540 square inches cooking space with a primary area and a warming rack.
This hybrid grill comes with stainless steel burners that will give you years of use. It comes with porcelain-coated cast-iron grates which retain heat better and are easy to clean. It comes with a drip tray for easy cooking, two side shelves (one on each side) for food prep and even a bonus side burner. You can easily roll this hybrid grill anywhere because it sits on a large cart with plenty of storage underneath. The large cartwheels will let you move this cart wherever you want to cook.
- Can convert to coal without any additional equipment or tools
- With a large cooking area
- With a large cart with plenty of storage space
- Easy to clean grates and cooking area
- With additional side burner and food prep space
- With a large and heavy lid
- With large wheels to easily roll over grass or dirt
The Char-Broil Gas2Coal hybrid grill can use coal or gas without the need for special conversion kits or tools. It has a large cooking and storage space because it sits on top of a cart. It has a large space to prepare food and an extra burner for cooking more food. It is easier to clean and maintain plus may be rolled anywhere outdoors because of its large wheels. This may be the gas/coal grill you have been looking for.
10. Dyna-Glo Premium 4 Burner Cabin Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Cook for your family and grill for your guests with the Dyna – Glo Black & Premium Grill powered by liquid propane gas. This is a stainless steel grill with straight- tube burners with 12,000 BTU each. You also get an optional side burner at 10,000 BTU to cook all kinds of dishes, sauces, and condiments. You’ll get instant ignition with improved heat setting control with a total cooking space of 667 square inches cooking area.
The steel grates are heavy so you can guarantee that this will last for a long time. The cabinet-style cart serves many purposes. You can use this to store all kinds of supplies as well as the LPG tank. The large caster wheels let you move this over grass or dirt. The large shelves found on each side of the grill are perfect for preparing food and keeping your tools and condiments. The large hood shuts over the grill to prevent heat and flavor loss.
- Large straight tube burners
- Large cooking space, total 60,000 BTU heat
- Enameled cast-iron grates
- With large cabinet-style cart
- Movable anywhere with large casters
- Accurate cooking results with integrated temperature gauge
- Electronic push-button ignition system
The Dyna-Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grill is a 4-burner grill with a bonus burner on the side. It has a large cooking area which will let you cook for a large family or for a large number of guests. It sits on a large cart for easy transport and additional storage. This grill has a classic design but updated features. It has a few flaws but despite this, it can be the gas grill that’s right for you.
11. Weber 65010001 Genesis II E-210 Natural Gas Grill
The Weber 65010001 Genesis II is a natural gas grill with double steel burners. It also comes with porcelain enamel Flavorizer Bars and Weber’s new grease cleaning system to reduce flare-ups and for quick grease removal and grill management. The grates are made from porcelain-enameled cast iron that provides 380 square inches of cooking area plus a convenient warming rack. It has an efficient and reliable ignition system which is covered by a generous manufacturer’s warranty.
You can cook with ease outdoors because of foldable tables found on each side plus an optional side burner to expand your cooking space. The cart comes with an LPG tank space, tool hooks, and large wheels so you can easily roll this anywhere. It also comes with small lockable casters so it will remain steady when you move the grill.
- With high- performance steel burners
- With an efficient grease management system for an easy cleanup
- With porcelain enamel cast-iron grates for easy heat retention and faster cooking
- Easy ignition system
- A large shelf on the side and additional side burner
- The cart comes with hanging hooks, space for the tank and large wheels with lockable casters
The Weber 65010001 Genesis is a medium-sized natural gas grill with high-performance burners, flavorizer bars, and a grease removal system. It has a large cooking space made for a large family or for a large number of guests. It has easy ignition, ample food prep space, and a cart with complete accessories. It may need some assembly when it arrives home but we know that it will surely be an efficient gas-powered grill to try.
12. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 is a 3-burner cabinet liquid propane gas grill with 420 square inches of primary cooking space on porcelain-covered cast-iron grates. A handy 155 square inch warming rack and a convenient 13,000 BTU burner located on the side of the grill. Top-ported stainless tubes are inside this grill to let you cook food with ease.
This gas grill has an efficient electronic ignition system that will work no matter how wet or dry the weather is. This grill can convert from LPG to natural gas using a gas conversion kit that’s sold separately. The cabinet cart has ample space to store supplies and has large lockable caster wheels for easy transport.
- Large cooking space over powerful burners
- With ported stainless-steel burners
- Equipped with the Surefire Electronic Ignition system
- Converts from LPG to natural gas using a conversion kit
- Large cart cabinet for storage
- Lockable caster wheels
The Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 LPG grill is a grill with 3 large stainless steel burners with large food prep space and cooking space. You can place just about anything inside its grill cart. It comes with a temperature gauge for easy temperature monitoring as you cook. This gas grill has a lot of room to cook for a large group of guests and your family.
13. Royal Gourmet GG3201S Cabinet Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
The Royal Gourmet Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a large grill with three burners. It has a total cooking capacity of 550 square inches coming from its grilling grates and wire warming rack all porcelain-coated. You’ll enjoy cooking 44,000 BTU from its inline stainless steel tube-type burners. It comes with a fixed side table that will let you prepare food and may also convert to an extra burner.
This grill sits on top of a large grill cabinet with a large storage area at the bottom where you can place your tank, cooking supplies and food you need to cook. Aside from these this Royal Gourmet gas grill has a heavy-duty lid and built-in thermometer for easy interior temp monitoring. Meanwhile, the large lockable caster wheels are perfect for moving the grill on grass or on dirt.
- Large grilling and cooking surface
- Porcelain-coated grates for cooking and warming
- With additional side burner
- Large cabinet for the tank and other supplies
- With built-in thermometer
- All-weather heavy lid
- Large caster wheels
The Royal Gourmet cabinet-style grill is a grill with large cooking space, powerful burners and has a durable design. It has three in-line burners and an extra burner while the side tables may be collapsed when stored. It has a large cabinet for extra storage space and can cook for a large family or a large group. It may be the affordable gas grill you have been looking for.
How to consider the best gas grills under $500?
Remember the following when searching for affordable gas grills:
Check and compare the different features and specs of gas grills.
Some gas grills have a traditional design with updated features. Check the grill’s ignition system, burner design, temperature monitoring, and other features. Look for specs and features that will fit your needs as a cook.
The ideal size gas grill
There are portable gas grills that will fit only a small number of people while there are commercial-style gas grills built to cook for a restaurant filled with guests. If you love grilling for guests and hosting parties, then go for a large commercial –sized model. In other words, find the gas grill that will match your cooking needs.
A gas grill that’s easy to use and maintain
It’s easy to cook but a pain to clean. So look for grills with automatic or electronic ignitions, grill tents, grease management systems and so on. Take note that larger grills may have spectacular features and large cooking areas but could be a disaster to clean.
How portable is your grill?
We all want to cook outdoors, at the patio, near the pool or in a garden but how do you take your grill anywhere? Select portable grills (hand-held, foldable grills) if you want a grill for camping, tailgating, at the beach, at the park or to go fishing. Grills on a cart should have durable wheels to let you move even on dirt and grass.
To find the best gas grill that will suit your needs, you need to check out different gas grill models and brands, compare features and finally, decide which one will fit you and your family’s needs.
Overall, the Dyna-Glo Smart Living 3-Burner Gas Grill is the best and the most affordable grills under $500. It is the ideal grill for a small family or a small group of guests. This gas grill has updated features such as electronic ignition, an efficient burner system and large storage and food prep areas.
We know that there may be some flaws with this grill but we can guarantee that this Dyna-Glo gas grill will give you the best out of your money’s worth. This may be the affordable, top-quality gas grill you have been looking for.