When it comes to maneuvering in cramped kitchens with scant counter space, Built-in Microwave ovens are a veritable godsend, allowing you to whip up a meal in a jiffy without the encumbrance of bulky appliances. Nevertheless, the arduous task of sifting through the countless ovens available on the market can leave even the most intrepid of shoppers feeling as though they’re searching for a needle in a haystack.
Fear not, for after numerous days of research, our team of experts has scoured the market and emerged victorious, presenting to you the top 10 best built-in microwave convection ovens replete with a plethora of essential features that will undoubtedly leave you salivating with anticipation.
But that’s not all, for we have gone the extra mile and singled out the top two ovens based on their value, ensuring that you obtain nothing but the cream of the crop. Our top pick for the best overall oven is none other than the Empava 24″ 10 cooking functions built-in convection oven, a veritable titan in the world of microwaves. Meanwhile, our best bang for the buck option is none other than the GASLAND Chef ES609MB, a sleek and stylish marvel that will undoubtedly elevate your cooking experience to dizzying heights.
Comparison Between two of the Best Built-in microwave convection oven
|Specification||Empava 24″||Gasland Chef|
|Capacity||2.3 Cu.ft||2.3 Cu.ft|
|Number of shelves||5||5|
|Door type||Drop Down||Drop Down|
|Dimension||23.43” x 22.64” x 23.43”||23.4″x23.4″x22.6|
Todays best deals
The rationale for endorsing these two products is their innate convection-based design and multifaceted features. While there are numerous similarities between these integrated microwave ovens, Empava gains the edge with its state-of-the-art glass touch controls instead of the conventional mechanical knobs found in Gasland.
Nevertheless, in terms of cooking prowess, both models deliver exceptional results. For those seeking added convenience, the Empava 24″ built-in convection microwave would be a fitting choice. Conversely, if you aspire to impart a retro aesthetic to your contemporary kitchen, the Gasland Chef ES609MB is the ideal selection.
- 10 Best Built-in Microwave Convection Oven 2023
- 1. Panasonic NN-SN686S Microwave Oven
- 2. Empava (24WOC17) 24" 10 Functions Built-in Convection Wall Oven
- 3. Panasonic NN-SN97JS Microwave Oven
- 4. Dacor DMW2420S Distinctive Series Built-in Microwave Oven
- 5. Summit OTR24 24-Inch Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
- 6. ZLINE 24" Built-in Microwave Drawer in Stainless Steel
- 7. GASLAND Chef ES609MB 24" Built-in Electric Wall Oven
- 8. Cosmo COS-BIM22SSB Built-In Microwave Oven
- 9. Frigidaire FGMO3067UD 30" Gallery Series Built-in Microwave
- 10. Frigidaire FGMV17WNVF Over the Range Microwave Oven
- What to consider while buying a Built-in microwave oven
- FAQs about the best built-in convection microwave ovens
10 Best Built-in Microwave Convection Oven 2023
1. Panasonic NN-SN686S Microwave Oven
The Panasonic NN-SN686S microwave oven is a must-have for any countertop or cabinet, owing to its unparalleled versatility. Its sleek outlook, coupled with a reflective stainless steel body, makes it a top contender on any list.
What sets this microwave oven apart is its cutting-edge inverter technology, which not only reduces your power consumption but also conserves electricity. Furthermore, it guarantees optimal and uniform heat production throughout the cooking process, making meal preparation an effortless and efficient experience.
- Quickly and evenly cooks your food with 1200 watts and ten power levels
- You’ll get a bigger interior space than its competitors with the 1.2 Cubic feet space with a large 13.5″ turntable that can fit 13-inch casserole dishes
- The turbo defrost mode quickly thaws your meat, poultry, or any frozen items
- The Genius sensor cooking technology utilizes the humidity and temperature to adjust cooking power and turn the machine off once the cooking is finished
- The quick 30 button helps you add more cooking time without pressing the numbers on your microwave
- The child lock feature helps you lock the keypads to keep your children safe from the microwave.
In addition, the astute sensor seamlessly adjusts cooking time, thus alleviating the need to constantly monitor the oven. Nonetheless, should you opt to incorporate it into your cabinetry, an additional 24″ trim kit purchase is imperative. Purchasing this Panasonic Microwave oven would undoubtedly yield a noteworthy return on investment.
2. Empava (24WOC17) 24″ 10 Functions Built-in Convection Wall Oven
If you’re looking for a large cooking capacity in a microwave, the Empava is one of the best built-in microwave convection ovens available on the market. The convection technology made cooking easier with Empava’s 24 inches single-wall electric oven.
Although it comes with a single rack and a drip tray, you’ll get five layers of the shelf to position as necessary.
- The LED Display is easy to The glass touch controls are smooth to touch and easy to regulate
- The black ceramic inner tank is effortless to clean.
- 2.3 cubic feet capacity with five different rack positions helps you fit large to small cooking items as necessary
- Ten cooking functions with the convection feature enjoy a variety of recipes with even heat distribution.
- The delay timer helps you prep now and bake later
- The keep-warm feature enables you to serve hot food whenever you are ready.
- The rotisserie function will offer you delicious results
- The drop-down door comes with triple-layered tempered glass don’t let the heat harm you while cooking
The removable three-layer glass is cool to touch and cleanable. On top of that, glass touch controls make it effortless for you to change the temperature and select any of the 10 cooking functions available. Overall, it’ll be a great integration to your kitchen and cook for a large family with its modern outlook and bigger space.
3. Panasonic NN-SN97JS Microwave Oven
The key selling point for the Panasonic NN-SN97JS is its cyclonic inverter technology. While the microwave radiation goes straight in standard microwave ovens, the cyclonic inverters radiate energy in a 3D circular pattern. As a result, your food gets more even heat treatment cooking is better than a traditional microwave.
- You’ll get a 2.2 cubic fit extended interior to cook for all the members of your family at once
- The cyclonic wave feature gives a convection-type treatment to your food blowing up the air inside the microwave.
- The Genius cooking sensor automates the cooking process measuring humidity and temperature.
- Select between 11 power levels with this 1250 watts powerful microwave to cook more efficiently
- Child safety lock helps to lock your control panel while cooking in front of your children.
- Multiple preset cooking options to cook your favorite microwave items on the go
- The ceramic interior is easy to clean.
It adjusts the cooking time and power with sensor cook technology depending on the steam inside, saving electricity. Plus, The 16.5 inches turntable is big enough to serve a large family.
The stainless steel structure will make it look appealing in your kitchen. In addition, the built-in and countertop compatibility adds more versatility to this microwave oven.
4. Dacor DMW2420S Distinctive Series Built-in Microwave Oven
Dacor, based in California, makes reliable machines that last a long time. We especially recommend this item to users who have been using the Dacor Microwave convection oven for quite a while now and want an upgrade. This is because you can fit the Dacor DMW2420s into the earlier trim kit you have.
- With the keep warm feature, you can keep your food hot up to 30 minutes after finishing cooking without altering the taste.
- Sensor technology automatically adjusts the cooking power and time
- Nine famous microwave favorites comprising popcorn, baked potato, fish, seafood, and more are added for your comfort.
- Six menu options to help you with the meal prep includes breakfast, lunch, 15 minutes of cooking, and more.
- Four defrost options are available for thawing your food with precision
- Autostart button to start cooking at a designed time
- Allow you to adjust the power level to 1100 watts for rapid reheat and cooking.
Whether you want to defrost some meats or warm-up leftovers, this 1100 watts powerful microwave is designed to heat various food items efficiently.
The sensor cooking technology comes with lots of preheating options to cook your favorite items, like popcorn, fresh vegetables, baked potatoes, and so on.
The sophisticated touch controls come with multiple cooking options to make your life much easier. It’s both compatible with your countertop and your cabinet. All in all, if you’re looking for a microwave at a mid-range price with a wide range of bells and whistles, Dacor’s built-in microwave is the way to go.
5. Summit OTR24 24-Inch Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
Are you looking for a stylish and compact built-in microwave at a reasonable price? In that case, the Summit OTR24 model will be the right fit for you.
- The touchpad control is easy to maneuver.
- It comes with a trim kit, so you don’t have to buy a separate one
- Nicely fit in a 24″ cabinet under your countertop or anywhere you like
- Multiple cooking menu includes popcorn, beverages, pizza, reheat, and frozen dinner. This menu comes with preprogrammed functions, so you don’t need to adjust anything further.
- Defrost by weight and speed defrost options for thawing your frozen food conveniently and quickly.
- The striking mirror reflects a modern finish.
With its no-frills design, you can enjoy an almost quiet cooking experience. It’s not loud like other machines. Some consumers praised this model for the elegance it brought to their kitchen. Designed to fit into 24″ cabinet space, it won’t take much space.
Although the door is opaque, the striking mirror finish and stainless steel pull-out handle add a touch of luxury to your kitchen.
6. ZLINE 24″ Built-in Microwave Drawer in Stainless Steel
When your counter space is at a premium, ZLine comes with its wonderful built-in microwave drawer. You can simply set it up under or at the side of your countertop for convenience.
Just a click is enough to open or close the drawer; no pull and push is required. However, there’s a stainless steel handle to manually open or close the door.
- The stainless steel finish gives your kitchen an improved look
- You can select from the 11 power options according to your cooking needs
- The LED screen and glass touch controls are easy to use
- The 1.2 cubic feet capacity fits a 7″ tall cup and up to 16 “X16” dishes
- Defrost based on weight and time with the added defrosting rack
- Multiple microwave options with melting and softening preprogrammed functions
- Open or close the drawer with a touch of a button
With 11 power options and 1000 watt cooking power enables you to warm up your coffee, boil water, and defrost any freezing items faster. Plus, you’ll get multiple preset buttons to melt or soften your favorite items like butter, cheese, chocolate, and ice cream.
There’s an integrated child-lock Button. As a result, it will keep your children safe from making any mess with your microwave. Although the price seems a bit high regarding its aesthetics, we think it will be an excellent addition to your kitchen.
7. GASLAND Chef ES609MB 24″ Built-in Electric Wall Oven
The single wall oven from Gasland Chef comes with a 2.3 Cu.ft space, large enough to cook for a big family. Whether you want to bake, broil, grill, or warm up your food, the nine cooking modes will simplify it. On top of that, the five-shelf position will help you effortlessly put large to small items as needed.
- ETL and CSA certified and tested gas pressure regulators ensure safety while cooking
- The detachable drop-down glass door and the interior enamel tank are cleaning-friendly.
- Convection cooking mechanism for a crisp and efficient cooking experience
- 2.3 cubic feet large interior space with five shelves positioned for multi-cook. You can roast an entire turkey in it.
- You can use GASLAND Chef ES609MB for multiple cooking purposes, including bake, broil, convection bake, convection broil, warm and proof.
- Generate heat up to 2800 watts for a powerful cooking
- The three-layered tempered glass can resist high temperature
- The interior light helps you observe the current food condition.
With the convection cooking mode and three-knob control, the ES609MB evenly distributes heat while cooking. Furthermore, the enamel tank inside and the removable door are easy to clean.
Featuring the eco-friendly low E glass minimizes the reflection of infrared and ultraviolet rays entering the glass. Overall, you’ll get a durable and good-quality built-in microwave for the money.
8. Cosmo COS-BIM22SSB Built-In Microwave Oven
With both a Built-in and Countertop microwave compatibility, Cosmo COS-BIM22SSB manifests a sleek and modern appearance. The stainless steel trim kit that comes with the microwave reflects a professional impression on your kitchen.
- The six express cook button and the 30 seconds speed cook buttons help you cook faster.
- The time and weight defrosting to properly thaw your frozen items
- Large 16.5 inches turntable fits more food and cooks evenly
- Smart sensor cook turns off the machine once your meal is ready to serve
- Six preset functions for popcorn, veggies, potatoes, and more
- Large LED screen and timer to observe the overall cooking duration
- The quiet operation won’t bug you while cooking
- The COS-30BIMTK trim kit will reflect a built-in feel into your kitchen
This high-powered 1200 watts microwave comes with 10 power levels. Plus, the large turntable ensures your food gets a thorough heat treatment eliminating the hot and cold spots.
Equipped with an intelligent sensor and preprogrammed functions, you can cook your favorite items on the go.
9. Frigidaire FGMO3067UD 30″ Gallery Series Built-in Microwave
The Frigidaire FGMO3067UD comes with a no-frills design. On top of that, the smudge-proof stainless steel finish looks standard and resists your fingerprints on the microwave.
Enjoy your favorite baked potatoes or popcorn with the touch of a button. Plus, you can soften/melt, reheat, and warm-up beverages with the one-touch controls.
- The drop-down door is the true beauty of a built-in microwave.
- 1.6 cubic feet of ample cooking space is convenient for cooking for a large family
- The touchscreen control panel is simple to navigate
- The Vegetable Sensor helps you cook veggies with precision
- Smudge-free stainless steel build looks solid and clean friendly
- The effortless reheat option quickly reheats almost anything on the go
With Frigidaire’s PerfectSense cooking technology, you’ll get auto cook features that adjust the cooking time and power based on the steam inside the microwave. The 14-3/16″-inch glass turntable will fit large casserole dishes and big bowls.
Overall, it’s worth the investment because of its high capacity, 950 watts of adequate power, easy-to-use control panel, and the aesthetics it will bring to your kitchen.
10. Frigidaire FGMV17WNVF Over the Range Microwave Oven
Even though the FRIGIDAIRE FGMV17WNVF is considered an over-the-Range microwave, you can consider it as a built-in microwave as well. Both ways, you have to fix it on your cabinet. However, you’ll get bright adjustable LED light under this microwave, so keeping it over your countertop will be a great fit.
- The white interior color lets you find out the spills effortlessly and clean them without any hassle
- The sensor cooking feature automatically tweaks the power level and cooking time
- Comprising a space-wise rack with the built-in rack holder enables you to cook multiple dishes together
- You can control the rotation of the turntable with a one-touch button
- There’s an option to lock your control so that your children can’t change the setting when you’re away
- 30 cooking options in total to help you cook with convenience
- The cooktop LED light fills your countertop with brightness making your meal prep more simple
Get a pleasant cooking experience with 1000 watts of power while the interior light stays open during your cooking procedure. Either you want to reheat, auto cook, bake potatoes, or enjoy popcorn, you’ll have a wide range of cooking alternatives.
The 13.5″ turntable, along with 1.6 Cu.ft interior space, will enable you to place a large casserole and bowl. Plus, you can stop the turntable from rotating with a touch of a button as needed. All in all, you’ll get a practical machine at a reasonable price.
What to consider while buying a Built-in microwave oven
If you’re planning to purchase a built-in microwave, there are some essential factors that you must consider. Neglecting these key factors could make it arduous to discern whether the appliance is a seamless fit for your kitchen or not.
However, acquainting yourself with these factors will empower you to establish a personal preference, thereby facilitating the process of selecting the most suitable microwave for your kitchen. So, let’s kick-start the process.
The mightier the microwave, the speedier its cooking prowess. By gauging wattage, a microwave with a wattage of 800+ is sufficient. Nevertheless, a microwave boasting more than 1000 watts can be deemed a potent device, capable of rapidly and uniformly cooking meals. Microwaves with lower wattage often tend to cook at a comparatively tardy pace when juxtaposed with their more robust counterparts. Conversely, higher wattage devices could set you back a pretty penny, all while ramping up your electricity bills.
Aesthetic of Your Kitchen
Do you possess an appreciation for the aesthetics of your kitchen and take pleasure in coordinating every element? In such cases, color selection becomes imperative. For instance, if you have an array of accessories crafted from stainless steel, it’s conceivable that you’d want your integrated oven to harmonize with them. Alternatively, if you’ve curated your kitchen with a particular theme, you’d probably take that into account as well.
If you’ve made the decision to replace your built-in microwave, it’s vital to consider the dimensions of the previous one. Conversely, if you’re starting from scratch, you should be prepared to pay for a redesign of the available space.
Conventional or Convection?
Conventional ovens use microwave technology to heat water molecules in food. These ovens lack fans to circulate air, resulting in uneven cooking. Nonetheless, they excel at reheating, boiling, defrosting, and thawing food.
Convection: The convection oven is endowed with all the indispensable attributes of a conventional oven concerning heating food. However, it is also equipped with a fan that evenly circulates the hot air around your dish, imparting a rapid cooking time and an unparalleled culinary encounter. Furthermore, the convection oven renders an impeccable touch to your roasted chicken or meat by endowing them with a crispy, delectable outer layer while retaining their succulent and juicy interior.
Types of Microwaves
There are multiple types of microwaves available, depending on the location you’ll set them in. The countertop microwaves were built to sit on top of your countertop. They are typically smaller in size. Since we use the countertop mostly for prepping foods, you might feel space shortage, and then you can go for the built-in and over-the-range microwave.
The over the range microwaves mostly fit in over the countertop. On the other hand, the built-in models were designed to fit in your cabinetry on your wall.
Another type is a countertop microwave that can be used as a built-in model with the help of a trim kit. These are becoming quite popular these days.
The integrated microwave ovens come in multiple sizes. NO matter which type of integrated microwave oven you choose, keeping the size range in mind will be helpful. Typically the width of these devices ranges from 19 to 26 inches. The depth ranges from 20 to 23 inches. And Height can range from 12-16 inches. The built-in models are mostly designed to fit 24, 27, and 30 inches in a cabinet opening width.
The capacity of a microwave refers to its internal size. This is typically measured in cubic feet (Cu.ft), but sometimes in Liters (L). 1 cubic foot signifies 30 liters of capacity.
The small microwaves come with 1.1-1.8 cubic feet. They can hold 12 inches dinner plates and up to 9 inches square casserole dishes.
On the other hand, the bigger microwaves afford 1.8-2.2 cubic feet of space. They allow you to put 13X9 inches casserole dishes and most of the main course meals.
How easy it is to clean your microwave depends on the internal lining it comes with. However, typically the first set of microwaves comes with basic enamel lining. In this case, you have to remove the shelves. Then you can clean them with a wet cloth dipped in soapy water, drying it out with a fresh cloth or towel later on.
Moreover, the second set of microwaves comes with catalytic liners. In this case, you have to run the microwave at 200 degrees celsius to burn the fat off and get rid of the ashes. The catalytic liners come with a ceramic interior, and they catch spills from your food. Which later on burn to ashes to clean it up.
Finally, another set comes with pyrolytic cleaning. In this way, you have to take out the shelves and run a pyrolytic cycle, which heats your oven exceeding 400F. Once the process is finished, you can wipe out the ashes with soapy water.
For built-in microwaves, drop-down doors are quite common. However, you’ll also get to see swing and drawer types of doors. The swing doors are mostly placed on the right side with a handle, as most people are right-handed.
Control and LCD
Modern microwave ovens feature an LCD that shows you the cooking times and the time of the day. On top of that, the control panel often comes with pressable buttons & numbers, touchable controls, and knobs. You can select any of them depending on your preference. Also, you’ll find multiple buttons for preset cooking programs.
Number of Shelves
The number of shelves is necessary, especially when you intend to bake and grill with your microwave. Although most countertop models come with turntables, some built-in microwaves feature two to three shelves with five shelf positions.
Some microwaves come with features available in a traditional oven. For instance, you can bake and roast in a convection oven like a standard oven.
Some microwaves even come with grill racks and drip trays for more convenience.
You can also watch out for the child lock feature. It is pretty useful when you have kids around. This feature locks down the keypad to prevent your child from any unprecedented accident.
Installing most of the countertop microwaves is a piece of cake. You just have to put them on a countertop and plug them into the electric outlet to run the machine. On the other hand, both the over-the-range and built-in model requires professional treatment during installation.
Check out the installation guide for a thorough idea. The built-in microwave requires adequate ventilation and seamless placement. That’s why we recommend you take professional support rather than trying out yourself for more safety.
FAQs about the best built-in convection microwave ovens
Is it safe to cook on a built-in microwave?
Yes, with proper ventilation and professional installation, cooking in a built-in microwave is safe.
What oven cooks faster, a convection oven or a non-conventional oven?
The convection oven cooks faster than a non-conventional oven.
Following a comprehensive analysis of the finest built-in convection microwave ovens, we have arrived at the conclusion that the Empava 24″ microwave is the optimal choice for us. Our selection is based on its contemporary appearance, user-friendly one-touch controls, capacious interior, and superior convection cooking mode.
Nevertheless, the Gasland Chef is a close runner-up on the list due to its vintage aesthetic, state-of-the-art equipment, mechanical knob controls, and sleek stainless steel finish. Priced affordably within the mid-range spectrum, both of these machines guarantee an unparalleled cooking experience that is worth every dime.