Bull is a manufacturer of grills that has been doing great business since the early ‘90s. The company’s rapid expansion since its inception is proof of the high quality that can be found in every single grill manufactured by it. As of today, Bull boasts of a plethora of grills. In this review, we have shortlisted seven of the very best grills from Bull. We hope that the Bull grill reviews featured here can help you to buy the grill that best suits your tastes and of course, your budget.
In this review, we have included both budget and luxury Bull BBQ grills. So, without further ado, let’s kick things off and take a look at the best Bull grills that your money can buy in 2023.
- Top 7 Bull Charcoal Grill Review 2023
- 1. Bull Outdoor 26039 Charcoal Grill
- 2. Bull Outdoor Products 87048 Lonestar Charcoal Grill
- 3. Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 47629 Grill
- 4. Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 57569 Brahma Grill
- 5. Bull Renegade 5 Burner Natural grill
- 6. Bull Outdoor 62648 Diablo 6 Burner Grill
- 7. Bull Outdoor 69008 LP Steer Grill
- What is the Best Bull Grill Model and Why?
- Final Verdict
Top 7 Bull Charcoal Grill Review 2023
1. Bull Outdoor 26039 Charcoal Grill
The Bull Outlaw grill is one of the company’s entry-level offerings. It is a gas grill and its low price point makes it rank amongst the most popular built-in grills from Bull. The Bull Outlaw grill facilitates easy grilling of hot dogs and hamburgers and its simplicity is what sets it apart.
Two of the highlights of the Bull Outlaw grill are its ability to reach searing temperatures within 2 – 3 minutes and also its even heat distribution. The latter highlight is sure to impress many people, as there are so many grills in the market that fail to distribute heat evenly, leading to uneven and ineffective cooking. With the even heat distribution, you can expect the entire cooking area of the grill to yield fantastic results.
Key Features Bull Outdoor 26039 Grill
- Cooking power of 60,000 BTUs, which facilitates fast heating-up; ideal for searing cuts of meat in next to no time.
- 304 stainless steel commercial-grade build and construction coupled with strong stainless steel grates.
- 4 bar burners (porcelain-coated), which make cooking trouble-free and guarantee several years of even heat distribution.
- 810 sq. inches cooking surface, which also includes a warming rack.
- Designed for built-in applications and outdoor kitchens.
- Every valve of the grill features Piezo igniters that you can rely on.
Most people who have purchased this product in the recent past only have good things to say about this value-for-money grill. The superior build quality ensures that with proper handling and use, the grill can last several years before it starts showing signs of rustiness.
All in all, this is a powerful grill that looks good and is loaded with the most essential features for fantastic grilling experiences, over and over again! If you want a reasonably-priced grill without compromising on powerful features, then the Bull Outlaw is surely a grill that you should consider.
2. Bull Outdoor Products 87048 Lonestar Charcoal Grill
Next up to feature on our list of Bull grill reviews is the Lonestar. Like the Outlaw, this one is another entry-level grill from Bull that is available in both natural gas and liquid propane variants. Feature-wise, the Bull Lonestar is quite similar to the Outlaw.
It falls short of the Outlaw in one department; the heat distribution. While the Outlaw manages to distribute heating evenly across its cooking surface, the Lonestar fails to do so. Users have reported significant differences in temperature across the cooking surface, which means that in reality, you can’t really use all of it, even though the claims stated by the company say otherwise. The Bull Lonestar definitely makes a great first impression considering its features. We will check out the differences between the two after we take a look at all its key features.
Key Features Bull Outdoor 87048 Grill
- 4 bar burners are made from welded stainless steel with each burner offering 15,000 BTUs of cooking power, resulting in a total of 60,000 BTUs.
- Commercial-grade construction features the use of 304-grade stainless steel, which makes the grill incredibly strong and durable.
- Twin-lighting system for cooking and grilling in the evenings and nights.
- A large cooking surface that boasts of 810 sq. inches area and also includes a warming rack.
- Each burner has both Piezo igniters and zinc knobs that allow for a separate operation.
- Packaging includes a smoker box, which can be used to smoke meats effortlessly.
However, there are plenty of pros on offer as well. For starters, installing the grill is a piece of cake and getting it going is not an issue at all. So if you are looking for a grill that doesn’t require a ton of time to be set up and is priced affordably, you can definitely consider this grill. You can also check out our Dyna Glo grill reviews to find out similar grills from Dyna Glo, another reputed grill manufacturer.
3. Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 47629 Grill
It’s time now to move on from Bull’s entry-level grills and slowly progress towards the company’s top-of-the-line offerings. The Bull Angus is a feature-loaded grill that is meant for people who want nothing short of the very best when it comes to grilling. The Bull Angus grill, like the Lonestar, is available in both natural gas and liquid propane variants.
The Rotisserie kit is the major highlight of the Bull Angus grill as it facilitates the handling of food up to 20 lbs. on the spit. Like all other Bull grills, the Angus features the ReliaBULL technology, which helps in equalizing gas pressure, resulting in even flames along the length and breadth of the burners. This enables even heat distribution, something that most prospective grill buyers look for.
Key Features Bull 47629 Grill
- Commercial-grade 304 14-gauge stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel cooking grates
- Stainless steel removable warming rack
- 4 burners made from cast stainless steel with each burner offering cooking power of 15,000 BTUs for a combined total of 60,000 BTUs.
- Control knobs that are round and textured for incredibly easy gripping and turning.
- Horizontal infrared backburner at the rear end of the grill
- Rotisserie kit that features a counterbalance, a 38” stainless spit rod, 2 four-prong spit forks, and a mounted motor
- Two halogen lights for easy cooking during evenings and nights
- Reliable Piezo ignition system that does away with battery-operated igniters.
- Total cooking area of 810 sq. inches including a warming rack.
The Bull Angus grill also offers additional accessories to owners such as a combination plank holder and vegetable tray and a full-sized griddle made of stainless steel. Even though the Angus is a heavy-duty grill, it is quite easy to assemble. Bull also offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, burners and cooking grids, a one-year warranty on the ignition system and gas valves, and a three-year warranty on the flame tamers.
Char Broil, another well-known grill manufacturer, offers grills similar to the Bull Angus and you can check out our Char Broil grill reviews to find a similar grill.
4. Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 57569 Brahma Grill
Bull Brahma is rated as one of the best Bull gas grills and it is one of the company’s flagship offerings. It is one of the biggest grills in the market and it can cook 40 burgers simultaneously, thanks to the large cooking surface. Its size and its plethora of features make this an expensive grill and it is definitely not a product for budget customers.
As you can see from the aforementioned features, the Bull Brahma packs a lot of power. While this high-end grill definitely has several pros, it has certain weaknesses as well, which Bull would do well to improve on in the days to come.
Key Features Bull 57569 Brahma Grill
- 5 bar burners are made from cast stainless steel with each burner offering 15,000 BTUs of cooking power.
- Additional 15,000 BTUs of cooking power are supplied by the back burner for a combined total of 90,000 BTUs.
- Commercial-grade construction featuring 304 stainless steel with stainless steel grates and a dual-lined hood.
- Twin halogen lights for easy cooking during twilight hours.
- 1026 sq. inches cooking surface that includes a warming rack.
- Every valve features Piezo ignition systems.
- Rotisserie kit for cooking large meat pieces and whole birds.
- Full-sized dip tray.
The biggest weakness is the grill’s uneven heating. Yes, you can cook 40 burgers at once using this grill, but some burgers will be heated more than others, and this is a disadvantage that should not be present in such an expensive grill.
As a result, if you want even cook, you have to constantly move the food around, which can be quite an inconvenience. While the Bull Brahma is definitely cheaper than similar grills that are as big and as feature-loaded, it can’t be said to be affordable. If you are looking for more even cooking in a grill this big, you should check out our Z grills reviews, as Z is another well-known grill manufacturer offering similar grills.
5. Bull Renegade 5 Burner Natural grill
The Bull Renegade is a step above the Brahma and it is the kind of grill that you would associate more with professional restaurants than the backyard. However, if you want to host large-scale gatherings and parties at your house, then the Bull Renegade has the potential to become the star of the show.
This natural gas grill boasts of several top-notch features, so let’s take a look at them before we point out its weaknesses (if any).
Key Features Bull Renegade Grill
- Five burners with iron porcelain coating with each burner offering 15,000 BTUs of cooking power.
- 1292 sq. inches cooking surface inclusive of a removable warming rack.
- Commercial-grade construction featuring 14 gauge 304-grade stainless steel.
- Highly reliable Piezo ignition system.
- Dual-lined hood.
- Burner control knobs are made of zinc which allows for easy turning and gripping.
- Stainless steel cooking grates are made from 304-grade stainless steel.
- Heavy-duty thermometer for viewing cooking temperatures.
This heavy-duty grill has a lot of pros as you can see from its plethora of features. However, one of its major downsides is the absence of a back burner, which you can find on the Bull Brahma. In terms of combined cooking power, the Bull Brahma offers more than the Renegade, which comes as a surprise as size-wise the Renegade is a notch above.
Installing the grill is not as easy as installing the other grills that have been covered so far in this list of Bull grill reviews. It’s definitely not the kind of grill that you will be able to install on your own. However, on the plus side, the grill manages to distribute heat evenly and its thermometer is accurate as well. Another pro is the fact that the grill’s controls rarely get hot, even if the cooking session is long. Cleaning the iron porcelain-coated grates is also very easy.
6. Bull Outdoor 62648 Diablo 6 Burner Grill
The Bull Diablo is a mammoth grill that is even bigger than the Bull Brahma and typically, this is a grill that is used in restaurants. However, priced around $3,100, this grill comes at a fraction of the price that you would find on the market for similar grills from other well-known grill manufacturers.
The Bull Diablo is an absolute beast of a grill and is available in both natural gas and liquid propane variants. Its size makes it one of the biggest grills from the Bull catalog of grills. Like all other Bull grills featured in this review, the Diablo boasts of the ReliaBULL technology as well.
Key Features Bull 62648 Grill
- 16 gauge 304-grade Stainless steel construction that is equivalent to commercial-grade grills
- 6 bar burners made from stainless steel that offer cooking power of 15,000 BTUs each.
- Combined with the rotisserie kit and the 15,000 BTU infrared backburner, the grill provides a whopping 1, 05,000 BTUs of cooking power.
- Twin lighting system featuring halogen lights for cooking and grilling in the evenings.
- Piezo ignition system that makes igniting the burners easy.
- Durable dual-lined hood.
- Burner control knobs are made of zinc that can be gripped and turned smoothly.
- 304-grade stainless steel cooking grates.
- 1564 sq. inches cooking surface including removable warming rack.
This technology makes it a grill that facilitates even heating so that you don’t have to move your food around to have it evenly heated and cooked.
All in all, the Bull Diablo has almost no negatives. One downside is the installation, but for a grill of its size, you can’t really expect easy installation. You would definitely need a helping hand to get this grill up and running. According to many critics, the Bull Diablo is the ultimate grill that Bull has to offer.
7. Bull Outdoor 69008 LP Steer Grill
We will finish this list of Bull grill reviews with yet another entry-level grill; the Bull Steer. We have saved the smallest grill for the last and the Bull Steer, with just 3 burners, is the least powerful grill on this list. However, small doesn’t mean ineffective. In fact, if you are looking for a simple grill for cooking and grilling just for your family, it doesn’t get better than this.
The Bull Steer is the smallest grill to feature in this review. However, it still manages to pack a lot of punch. Priced at just under $1100, this is a grill for the people who are on the lookout for budget grills.
Key Features Bull Outdoor 69008 Grill
- 3 burners are made from stainless steel with each burner offering 15,000 BTUs of cooking power for a combined 45,000 BTUs
- The construction of the grill is commercial-grade, with a 14 gauge 304-grade stainless steel body
- 556 sq. inches cooking surface with a 160 sq. inch warming rack.
- Piezo ignition system with control knobs made of zinc for smooth turning and gripping.
- 304-grade stainless steel cooking grates.
- Dual-lined hood.
- Thermometer for viewing cooking temperatures.
- Grease tray for easy cleanup.
Unlike heavy-duty grills from Bull, the Steer does not have a backburner. But it still manages to evenly heat the surface, facilitating ease of cooking for the user.
On the assembly front, it’s quite easy to get this grill up and running and you won’t need a helping hand as this grill is small. However, its size may be a limiting factor if you have to serve up grilled food to a large number of guests. Also, its small cooking surface won’t accommodate large meat pieces and whole birds.
Traeger, a well-known grill manufacturer, has grills similar to the Bull Steer. If you want to find Traeger grills similar to the Steer, go through these Traeger grills reviews.
What is the Best Bull Grill Model and Why?
So, we have come to the end of this review and after checking out seven of the very best grills that Bull has to offer, it’s time to decide on a winner.
We will pick two winners based on their respective budgets. As you might have guessed by now, some grills in this review are inexpensive and affordable, while the others are expensive. So we will pick a winner from the budget grill category and another winner from the expensive grill category.
Our budget grill winner is the Bull Outlaw. While it is more expensive than the small Bull Steer, it manages to pack in a lot of power and has the least drawbacks as far as the budget grills go.
Among the expensive grills, we vote for the Bull Diablo. For its price, there’s no denying that it is one of the best grills out there, full of features and a great deal of cooking area and enough cooking power to ensure even heating.
Compared to several other reputed grill manufacturers, Bull offers its grills at extremely reasonable prices. Most of the company’s grills are constructed using commercial-grade steel, which makes them all durable. So, if you are looking for quality grills at pocket-friendly prices, don’t waste much time and get yourself a Bull grill today!