It was in 2004 when Char Broil grill’s created the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Gas Grill. It is the result of the company’s experimentation of different designs for grills. It is created as a low-cost, 3-burner gas grill that comes with a charcoal tray on top of the burners. The design of this burner intends to offer a charcoal and gas grill experience, all at an affordable price. If you also see the advantages of this model, you will surely want to check out this option.
Noticeable Features of this Device
- This model easily and quickly converts from grill to charcoal grill without using any tools.
- Grilling with gas is both fast and convenient. Achieve the signature cooking flavors of charcoal. A single grill can do both tasks.
- Features durable stainless steel burners that provide longevity of the grill.
- Comes with porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates which are relatively easy to clean.
- A total of 540 square-inch cooking area. With 420 square-inch primary cooking area, with 120 square-inch of warming rack.
- The three main burners feature 40,000 BTUs and one side burner with 12,000 BTU.
Key Features of the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner
Size and Design
This model is a typical Char-Broil appliance. The main cooking area is located in the center, with a spacious storage cabinet beneath. The wheels have been improved, making them stronger. While it uses sheet metal, it is thicker than the hybrid version, with a weight of 115 pounds.
This unit is easy to assemble. It usually takes up to 1 hour to complete the setup, though the process is simple. The cooking area is pre-assembled. All you need to complete assembling is the cart, screw the lid on, and attach the side shelf. You may need to do a lot of bolting and screwing, but not much thinking since everything is easy to do.
The cooking space is at 420 square inches for the primary cooking area, along with a 120 square inch warming rack. This is a good amount of space, which is enough to feed several guests.
If you want to switch from gas to charcoal grill, you need to complete a 4-step procedure. The entire process is just about a minute. All you have to do is to take the grates off, pulling out the charcoal tray from the storage located beneath the cooking area. After filling it with charcoal, put it on the grill, putting the grates back on top. The burners will light the charcoal up. This may take longer than a minute, but the process is very easy to complete.
With Char Broil grill’s previous models, the charcoal tray needs to be stowed somewhere else. With the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner, however, a little compartment is already installed. Even though the charcoal may take a while to light, it is faster than the previous burners. The food tastes amazing as well.
The heat output is one of the main issues of previous models. With this grill, however, the heat output is excellent, giving you an opportunity to cook fast. The total BTU output is at 40,000. This gives you much more power. While the outward design is the same with previous models, the performance in heat dispersal is greatly improved.
The side-burner features a total heat capacity of 12,000 BTUs and is located on the left of the cooking surface. This is powerful, taking into consideration the lesser capacity of older models. These side burners can help you prepare sauces. It also comes with a lid, which further adds to the durability of the model.
What Users are Saying About Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner
As of the moment, this burner has achieved a 4-star rating on Amazon. This means that a lot of users have found the benefits of using this model, and have got some positive things to say. One customer mentioned that this grill is very nice.
- Quickly and easily converts from a gas grill to charcoal grill without tools.
- Enjoy the speed and convenience of grilling with gas. Get the signature flavors of cooking over...
- 540 square inch total cooking area- 420 square inch primary cooking area and 120 square inch...
- Durable stainless steel burners provide longevity and porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates are...
- 40,000-BTU's spread across three main burners and one 12,000-BTU side burner.
One particular feature that is impressive is its instructions which comes with pictures, helping with the assembly even better. Another customer mentioned that while the assembly was quite tedious, it is not difficult. The sheet metal is of good thickness, with sturdy tubes.
Compare Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner vs. Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner
Both the Gas2Coal 3-Burner and the Performance 475 4-Burner came from the same manufacturer, which explains the similarity in terms of design. The main difference, however, is that the Performance 475 4-Burner is mainly a gas grill. However, the Gas2Coal 3-Burner can be converted from a gas grill to a charcoal grill, allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds.
- 4-Burner, 36,000-BTU Cart-Style Gas Grill with 10,000-BTU Lidded Side Burner
- 475 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates plus 175 square inches of...
- Stainless steel lid, handle and control panel add style and durability
- Removable grease pan for quick and simple cleaning; Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean with a Damp Cloth;...
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. Large metal side shelves offer work and prep...
What is the Disadvantage of the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner?
One disadvantage of this model is that the charcoal is situated very close to the grill grate. In fact, it is just less than an inch away from it. This may cause the food that you are preparing to burn on the outside, and still be bloody on the inside. A solution is possible, however. You may ignore the main grate, and put your met on the smaller warming rack which is at least several inches away from the coals.
No doubt that Char-Broil has once again manufactured another gas grill model that comes with a charcoal pan insert. It promises the best of two worlds, being able to be converted quickly into either a charcoal or a gas grill by using an especially designed coal pan which directly fits over the gas burners.
The aim of the creation of this grill is to allow you to use it in any way you want to. It can turn into a gas grill if you want to, and a charcoal grill, depending on the need. All you have to do is to put the special charcoal pan, fire the gas burners up, and light the charcoal. In just about 15 minutes, the food will be ready to cook. This model is recommended for the fact that it offers nice features while still being inexpensive.