As you’re on this page, you and I both know that you’re searching for the best charcoal grill. Yes, there are plenty of charcoal grills in the market, but you want something that ease-up your work, don’t you?
What if I introduce to you the charcoal grills that let you prepare a wide range of dishes and offers you the smoky flavors you’ve always craved for? How about something that lets you switch different textures in your food while you can get all the tools right at your hands?
If you’re really up for all these features, you should have a look at the Kamado Joe Grill reviews. Yes, today I’ll talk about the two best products from this grill giant. So without further ado, let’s dive in.
Kamado Joe Grill Reviews
These are the two charcoal grills from Kamado Joe grills that have been running hot in the marketplace. Give the reviews a read and choose the one that suits you.
1. Kamado Joe KJ23RHC Classic II Charcoal Grill
The Kamado Joe KJ23RHC Classic II Charcoal Grill is one of the hottest running products of this grill giant.
With the divide & Conquer flexible cooking system, you can have the most powerful grilling experience. Unlike others, you can cook a wide range of foods and switch to slow-roast, smoke, sear, or bake using different temperature settings and styles, thanks to the revolutionary multi-level, half-moon design. With the 18-inches cooking area around, you can make a wide span of dishes in one go, serving your large family.
- Features a thick walled, heat resistant shell that locks in smoke...
- Large cooking surface underneath is crafted from commercial grade...
- Easy open dome includes counterbalanced Air Lift Hinge and...
- You can grill a wide range of foods with the Divide & Conquer flexible cooking system.
- The revolutionary multi-level, half-moon design lets you create versatility in tastes as you switch between temperatures and styles.
- As the product has 18-inches of grilling surface, you can grill a large amount of food in one go.
- With the Kontrol power top vents with dual adjustments, you’ll also get the smoke range from 225 F to 750F at max.
- The patented air lift hinge reduces the weight of the grill to 96%, making it super-easy for you to lift it.
- You get to have an easy cleaning experience with the patented ash slide-out drawer.
- The product comes with ceramic construction. Also, the powder-coated, mold-resistant aluminum top vents, cast iron griddle and stainless-steel cooking plate ensure enhanced durability of the product.
For precise airflow management, as you close or open the dome, Kontrol power top vent with dual adjustments helps it to maintain a consistent air setting. To give you a superior air-tight seal, the grill comes with double-thick wire mesh fiberglass gasket which is 10 times more powerful than the mainstream ones.
The patented airlift hinge makes it easy for you to lift the grill dome with a single finger, reducing its weight up to 96%. The patented ash slide-out drawer helps you to have an easy clean-up experience without removing the inside components while cleaning out the ashes. All you need to do is remove the ash drawer, dump your ashes in it and keep up with the grilling,
As far as durability is concerned, the product comes with ceramic construction. The powder-coated, mold-resistant aluminum top vents teamed up with the cast iron griddle and stainless-steel cooking plate to eliminate rust-development and withstand heavy-rain conditions.
2. Kamado Joe BJ24RHCI-A Big Joe III Charcoal Grill
Here’s another one that maintains durability and functionality. Presenting the Kamado Joe BJ24RHCI-A Big Joe III Charcoal Grill.
To give you the most powerful cooking tool, the product comes with Divide & Conquer flexible cooking system. As you switch to different temperatures and styles with the revolutionary multi-level, half-rack design, you get to bring variation in the taste of your food. The SlōRoller Hyperbolic Smoke Chamber surrounds the food with delicious smoke for added flavor. Besides, as the grill comes with a larger cooking surface, you can prepare a versatile amount of food in one go.
- Premium 24” ceramic grill
- Heavy-duty Galvanized steel rolling cart
- Patented slōroller hyperbolic smoke chamber
- 3-Tier divide & Conquer flexible cooking system
- The Divide & Conquer flexible cooking system will give you powerful cooking experience.
- The multi-level, half-rack design helps you to modify temperature and styles to bring variation in your taste.
- The Kontrol top vents give you precise airflow management and consistent air settings.
- The airlift hinge reduces the grill’s weight up to 96% and makes it easy for you to lift it.
- The charcoal basket separates the charcoal leftovers and gives you an easy-cleaning experience.
- The product boasts a heavy-duty galvanized steel rolling cart. The finished folding aluminum side shelves and rain and mold-resistant top vents ensure the durability of the product.
The manufacturers didn’t fail to provide the Kontrol top vents. For precise airflow management and consistent air settings, this feature comes pretty handy. There’s also the wire mesh fiberglass gasket that seals the air tightly.
There’s no chance for you to drop or slam the grill during lifting. This one comes with an airlift hinge that allows you to lift the grill with a finger by reducing the dome weight up to 96%. To give you an easy-cleaning experience the product comes with a charcoal basket that separates the charcoal leftovers.
When it comes to durability, the grill can fill your cup. It comes with a heavy-duty galvanized steel rolling cart which will last for years. Also, the side shelves are made with finished folding aluminum to back you up for a long time. The dual-adjustment top vent, on the other hand, is rain and mold resistant.
Things to Consider before Buying a Charcoal Grill
So, you’ve decided to buy a charcoal grill but since you never used one, you don’t know what features you should look for while buying it. If that’s the case, you might get your hands on the wrong product.
To make sure you don’t end up getting the wrong grill, you should know the things to consider before buying a charcoal grill.
Magnifying the Build-Quality
You should go for the charcoal grill that is constructed with a heavy-duty material. You can try the cast aluminum, cast iron or heavy ceramic. If you have budget issues, you can try the porcelain-coated or chrome-plated ones. However, these materials have very thin density and do not last long.
How Wide is the Cooking Area?
You have to ask yourself how many people you’re going to serve. If you don’t have enough cooking space, you will have to repeat the grilling process each time you’re going to cook a meal.If the space is wide enough, you can prepare a lot of dishes at the same time. So do your homework and mark your measurements.
Stability and Temperature Control
You should look for the temperature range the grill is providing you. Sometimes, you’ll need a high temperature to get your job done right. Sometimes, the lower ones will do the job perfectly.
Make sure your grill can back you up with the right heat and temperature you need. Also, you should see if it has a built-in thermometer or not.
See If It’s Easy to Use
You have to see if the grill has vents that open easily. Also, the racks of the grill you’re using should sit steadily while the hoods should hang conveniently. Go for the grills that have patented ash slide-out drawers. These drawers will help you clean the left-over ashes very easily. Also, don’t forget to check for the airlift hinge. The hinge will help you lift the grill easily by reducing its weight.
Accessories and Additional Features
Additional accessories like vents, drawers, dampers, grill tools, cover, ash catchers, etc are bonus features that will make your grilling experience convenient. Maybe you won’t need some of these accessories, while others are really important and handy.
If you don’t like to get messy, you should use Ash catcher. Having issues like OCDS on temperature? Make sure your grill has a temperature probe hole. If you want everything closer to your hands, picking a model that has a built-in side table will be your best bet.
Fix your budget and do your research. You’ll get plenty of charcoal grill that comes in around 50 to 2000 bucks. You should know obviously that with an increased budget, you’d better features. Also, the expensive ones are more durable and let you work easily.
Now that you’ve gone through the Kamado Joe Grill reviews and the tips I shared, you’ll be able to pinpoint which product between these two fits you the best. Set your priorities and if it needs ask your neighbors. If you want my opinion, I will recommend the Kamado Joe BJ24RHCI-A Big Joe III Charcoal Grill. As the name says it, it’s more advanced than the Kamado Joe KJ23RHC Classic II Charcoal Grill.
However, it’s totally up to you to choose the one you need. After you’ve done your research, it’s time to get your hands on the amazing charcoal grill.