Cooking for a group of people can turn out to be a nerve-wracking experience. Adding to the tension caused by the need to prepare a lot of food, is the worry that the food might not really taste well as expected.
If you are looking for an effective way to improve your outdoor cooking experience, the Camp Chef SmokePro Lux Pellet Grill is the perfect choice for you. Some of its noticeable features and performance makes it good enough and worthy if you are serious about meat. Let us take a look at this review and see whether this grill is perfect for you.
Noticeable Features of this Device
- Rack Surface Area: 875 square inches
- Hopper Capacity: 18 pounds of pellets
- Overall Device Weight: 180 pounds
- Dimensions of the grilling area: 19.6 inches x 34 inches
- Smoking/Warming Rack Dimensions: 6 inches x 34 inches
- This unit comes with digital controls, along with an electronic auto-start ignition capacity
- It features a dual LED temperature readout, which makes it perfect for taking internal cooking temperatures and internal food temperatures
- This grill comes with a stainless steel probe which measures internal food temperature effectively
Key Features of the Camp Chef SmokePro Lux Pellet Grill
Dual LCD Temperature
This model comes with an LCD digital temperature which is very useful. The reading is always within 5 degrees of the real temperature. You can also toggle in between 160 degrees and 500 degrees Fahrenheit for slow smoking and grilling.
The LCD screen of this model also allows you to set your meat, and forget it without worrying about the meat getting burned. If you do not like waiting for your barbecue all day, this feature is handy for you.
Smart Smoke Tech
This Smoke Pro Lux comes with an automatic auger, along with a built-in fan. This results in the reliable production and even distribution of heat and smoke for oven cooking. The resulting meat is succulent, tastier and juicier.
Auto Start Ignition
This grill is designed to start quite easily. It features an auto-start ignition, starting right away when using it.
Large Capacity Pellet Hopper
The size of this unit’s hopper is the biggest created by the Camp Chef brand. With a large hopper, you can fill it in easily, as it can hold enough amount of fuel to cook for several hours.
The use of automatic auger ensures consistent heat management. With this system, there is no need for you to stand around to load the smoker with pellets. This auger is also operated using a digital control unit where you can also easily set the temperature. When it notices the need for more heat, the auto auger releases more pellets efficiently. The auto-ignition system and the powerful fan also creates the right amount of heat and smoke inside the cooking chamber.
Grease Management System
This model offers an easy solution to dealing with grease. Grease and oil are unavoidable when grilling and smoking. Cleaning a smoker can be challenging, but this model comes with a smart design which directs all oil and grease drippings to external storage.
Easy Ash Cleanout System
When using pellets, you can expect to produce ash. This model, however, features an intelligent way of disposing of ash. After the grill is cool, all you need to do is to pull a lever on the side, then all of the ash leftovers will fall into the cup, allowing you to discard it easily. This means that there is no need for you to vacuum your firepot in each use, just like with other grills.
What Users Saying About Camp Chef SmokePro Lux Pellet Grill
In Amazon, the Camp Chef SmokePro Lux Pellet Grill comes with a 4.5-star rating. This means that actual customers find this product as a very good one, even leaving some positive reviews about it. One customer mentioned that this grill is perfect if you are cooking for a family, as it will produce delicious meat in a short period of time.
- Digital Controls - Electronic auto-start ignition
- Dual LED temperature readout: internal cooking temps and internal food temps
- Stainless steel probe measures internal food temperature
- Grilling Area Dimensions: 19.5" x 34" - Smoking/Warming Rack Dimensions: 6" x 34"
- Total Rack Surface Area: 875 sq. in - Hopper Capacity: 18 lbs. of pellets - Overall weight: 180 lbs.
Another customer also mentioned that this unit is easy to assemble. In an hour or so, the assembly is ready. What is amazing, according to the customer, is its small amount of ash left behind, which is a huge benefit compared with other grilling models she has used before.
Compare Camp Chef SmokePro Lux vs. Camp Chef SmokePro SG Wood Pellet Grill Smoker
- SMART SMOKE TECHNOLOGY- The digital temperature control and automatic auger feed pellets into the...
- ENDLESS VERSATILITY- Grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue all your favorite foods with...
- HUGE COOKING AREA- 811 square inches of cooking surface area and a removable upper warming rack give...
- PATENTED ASH CLEANOUT- Cleaning between cooks is as easy as pulling a lever, thanks to the exclusive...
- PERFECT SEARED FINISH- The included Sear Box reaches temperatures up to 900° F for a crisp,...
As models under the same brand, there are some expected similarities between the two models. For one, both of them uses an electric auto igniter and an automatic auger. The main difference, however, is that the SmokePro SG smoker is designed especially for using wood pellets. You can finally say goodbye to grilling meat using gas burners.
What is the Disadvantage of the Camp Chef SmokePro Lux Pellet Grill?
A disadvantage of this Camp Chef smoker model is that there is a possibility for the paint to chip through time. This is even possible when it is consistently exposed to the harmful elements outdoors. To avoid this problem, you can purchase a separate cover that you can use when this grill is not being used.
If you are looking for an equipment that will motivate you to cook delicious food, then there is no doubt that the Camp Chef SmokePro Lux Pellet Grill is what you need. It offers a number of features that make the cooking process easier and more convenient. It operates effectively without dealing with temperature swings. It also comes with a patented cleanout system which can help in avoiding issues that are related to clean up. Its big grilling area, along with the additional warming shelf also makes it a good treat to users.
Other features include its rolling caster wheels, large utility shelf, and the side shelf which further adds to the convenience of users. Accessories can also be purchased for an improved cooking experience. This is a rewarding deal for you and your family to take into consideration.